We understand that as part of a growing industry we can have a significant impact on the world that we live in and have made a commitment to consistently improve our processes to ensure that we can reduce the impact that we have on our environment.
As well as being committed to recycling our Cardboard/Paper, Cans and Plastics, Robinsons also participated in the Crichton Carbon Centre’s Sustainable Process Improvement Programme which sought to minimise the impact we have on the environment and maximise our sustainability and we were awarded the silver award for sustainable process improvement.
A few examples of what we have agreed to through the Crichton Carbon Centre's Sustainable Process Improvement Programme:
- Comply with all relevant legislation, regulations, and other requirements to meet customer and community needs.
- Aim to minimise the use of all materials, supplies and energy in its processes and other facilities. It also aims to reduce the waste to a minimum and to ensure that materials are, wherever possible,reused or recycled.
- Minimise the risk of environmental accidents and ensure that an emergency response capability to deal with accidental pollution is in place at all times.
- Continually improve processes and procedures, where it is technically and economically feasible to do so, with a view to improving environmental performance.
- Encourage the promotion of environmental awareness amongst all employees and suppliers of goods and services.
- Improve our services by applying the best possible technology to protect the environment, where it is economically feasible to do so.
This policy is communicated to all employees, is available to the public and any other interested parties. It is reviewed, documented, implemented and maintained by the Environmental Protection Representative of the company.